Connecting Canada’s BIM communities
buildingSMART Canada (buildingSMART Canada) has launched its Affiliates initiative to connect local and regional interest groups across Canada which support innovative project delivery practices based on open standards for BIM in the Canadian AECOO community. This initiative is aimed at building and strengthening the Canadian community of excellence for a better built environment based on open standards for BIM. Any local or regional organization supporting better practices and better outcomes for the building industry can join buildingSMART Canada as a buildingSMART Canada Affiliate. The initiative not only aims to build on existing local communities but can assist in setting up and developing communities in locations where none are currently in place. Read more here
Why become a buildingSMART Canada Affiliate?
- Become part of a national community of excellence to develop and promote the use of open standards for BIM in Canada,
- Have first access to the most current news and information on international and national BIM standards and better project delivery practices in Canada,
- Provide more interest to better engage your local stakeholder community,
- Provide a shared channel of communications for grassroots stakeholders to remain current with Canadian and international activity and enhance consistent messaging,
- Have input into the development of Canadian and international standards,
- Grow the group of members who share the same goal,
- Mutually expand opportunities for sponsors/supporters,
- Get support from experts engaged with the national body for your projects and to grow and develop your organization.
How to become an Affiliate of buildingSMART Canada?
- Share the vision and goals of interoperability and open standards for BIM,
- Be vendor neutral (i.e. representing technological and process solutions from multiple vendors) and promote the use of open standards for BIM,
- Have an executive or senior management structure,
- Adequately represent your designated geographic area with a reasonable number of members for ongoing stability,
- Have a website and add the buildingSMART Canada affiliate logo,
- Have your members become buildingSMART Canada members understanding that buildingSMART Canada allows any person to join buildingSMART Canada as an Individual Member at no cost,
- Have a policy of ‘no advertising’ on the website or other communications, but may have general or event sponsors with logos and links,
- Understand there are no financial obligations or expectations to be an Affiliate of buildingSMART Canada.
- Adhere to IBC and buildingSMART Canada’s Code of Ethical Conduct.